Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Goodness...

Christmas is my favorite holiday.  I love everything about it... the transformation that takes place in every business, shopping center, house, and heart.  Christmas is the most magical holiday.  As a mom, I'm learning each year how magical Christmas truly is!  From reading, singing, and teaching Savannah... the glimmer in her eye for the magic of Christmas, the JOY of Jesus' birth, love of giving gifts, starting traditions, curled up watching Christmas movies... the entire month of December is a blast!

If you're a parent, you know how FUN buying gifts for your kid is...whether it's Christmas or not!  This is one thing I definitely struggle with... I LOVE buying gifts for Savannah!  She's so easy to buy for, she loves everything, and she makes you feel so great when you give her something.


Allan and I have agreed on the 4 gift Santa rule:
1)  Something she wants
2)  Something she needs
3)  Something she can wear
4)  Something she can read

Then we fill a stocking from Santa and Allan and I each get her something special.  This year I bought her first gymnastics leotard.  She's been in tumblebees (gymnastics for kids) for the last 6 months and has always worn just a tshirt and pants.  Mainly because they're SO EXPENSIVE!  But there was a sale where she takes class and I caved.

This time of year is super exciting for Savannah, not only is it Christmas but it's her birthday!  Tomorrow, December 27th... she will be 4!  So she goes all year without anything then BAM!  Completely overwhelmed and slammed with a sea of gifts!  We are so thankful for all the family and friends who love on Savannah and find her some of the most wonderful and thoughtful gifts!

Allan and I were well taken care of by Santa and Family as well... we got a new tv and I got some pretty awesome winter running gear stuff!  My favorite gift?!  Has to be from my mother-in-law!  She found this insanely amazingly adorable apron that I wish I could wear in public, that's how cute it is.  I actually wore it this evening while baking Savannah's birthday cake!  It's so fun!


Saturday, Sunday, & Monday I logged about 20 miles so I could eat all the yummy Christmas goodies that I wanted.  Like these guys... cupcakes with a chocolate chip cookie inside... yes.  AMAZING!

It's been snowing for the past 24 hours and I'm itching to get out and log some miles in this snow and try out my new gear!  I haven't gotten to run in it yet but Savannah got out in the snow today and she loved it, the first thing she wanted to do was make a snow angel... she made about 15.


Tomorrow we celebrate Savannah's 4th birthday and she has requested a gingerbread house birthday cake... I honestly don't know how in the world I'm going to make it happen but I'm in the kitchen baking away!

Happy 4th Birthday, sweet Savannah!  You are a blessing, joy, and have forever changed our lives.  
We love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment