Sunday, December 30, 2012

Birthdays are fun!

Savannah and I celebrated our birthdays together Friday night!  She turned 4 and myself... well, I turned the BIG 3-0!  It was a wonderful evening with family.  We kept it quiet this year, typically we go all out for Savannah but if you have a December birthday or know someone with a December birthday, it's hard to plan a party!

This is Savannah- Thursday, December 27th.  The blue gifts are from her Auntie Nicole, Uncle Dave, & cousin Ethan in Canada!  They got her an AWESOME dinosaur box to put all of her dinosaurs in!  The pink box was from us, her very first doll house!  Savannah enjoys small things, so the doll house is hysterical.  She spends hours playing with the miniature furniture and dolls.


When my sister and I lived at home with my parents, the night before and of our birthdays my mom would come in our room, sit at the side of our bed, hold our hand and say; "I remember when your hands where this tiny!" Then she would go off on favorite memories, we would laugh about things, and say; "MOOOOM... you're so weird!" and pull our hands away.  We always thought it was so funny.

Now that I have a daughter of my own, I totally get it :)  I found myself sitting on the edge of Savannah's bed, holding her hand, thinking... I cannot believe you are 4 years old!  It truly is a blessing to be a parent and I love watching Savannah grow, learn, and love life.  But it goes so fast!

This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of Savannah!  Her first Christmas & Birthday - 2009!
Happy Birthday, sweet one!  You are loved by so many!


From text messages, phone calls, and hundreds of posts on Facebook - I sure felt the LOVE on Friday! Turning 30 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  For some reason I thought it'd be this crazy change but so far, I feel the same!  It's weird saying THIRTY but I have a feeling my 30's are going to be a lot of fun!

Family picture


Savannah asked me to make her a gingerbread house birthday cake... 
it was quite the difficult task but turned out super cute!


I hit the road Saturday and today because we got a FABULOUS snow fall that is ridiculously BEAUTIFUL!  I couldn't wait to get on the road and get lost in my miles!

This year, I learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of... running has given me so much!  It has not just given me confidence but I truly enjoy the miles I log.  Whether it's with a running buddy or just me and the Lord on the road... I've learned so much and am very excited for what 30 has in store for me, my family, and within the ministry!

As far as running in 2013... I am really looking forward to setting & crushing new goals!



----

Do you have a running goal for 2013?

What's your favorite birthday memory from childhood?

What did you learn about yourself in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment