Monday, April 22, 2013

What a weekend!

This weekend was absolutely awesome!

Friday was Allan's 31st birthday and we celebrated by grilling out and having a nice family dinner at home.  I know that doesn't sound like an exciting birthday celebration, but because Allan works 3rd shift, evenings and dinners that we get together are pretty special.  After dinner, I made Allan's favorite for dessert, brownies and ice cream!  It was a great day celebrating Allan, his Godly leadership, and his hard work to provide and lead our family!  I am so proud of this man!

Saturday my sister, her sister-in-law Angela, and a group of friends headed to Indy to see Jesus Culture w/ Kim Walker in concert!


It was an amazing time of worship... we saw Jesus Culture (w/out Kim Walker) in Cincinnati about 2 months ago and it was just as awesome!  I am really hoping this is the type of worship we get to experience in Heaven!




Absolutely beautiful!  People praying over strangers, no agendas, just "arms high and heart abandoned" worship!  We didn't get home until close to 1 am and then got up for church!  It was a crazy evening but oh so good!

Speaking of nights of worship...  My sister and an awesome community of other Worship Pastors in the Cincinnati area are joining together for the 2nd Kingdom Light worship experience!  It will be at Eastside Christian Church again and is Friday, May 3 at 7:30 pm - hours of worship!  Open to every believer, every church, and there's no charge!



Yesterday, I was suppose to head up to Dayton and take on that 12 mile route that totally kicked my butt a few weeks ago but Allan had Kingdom Light practice so my plans got changed around a bit.  Instead, my awesome in-laws watched Savannah while I ran my final double digit distance for the Flying Pig.  I was in an unfamiliar territory being in Anderson Township so I mapped a 6 mile out and back route.  I wanted hills for a good challenge and well... I got hills.

If you're familiar at all with 8 Mile Road in Anderson, you know what hill I'm talking about...  Here's a portion of my elevation chart... hahaha... that dip is going down a portion of 8 Mile (which I think was possibly more difficult than the climb back up it) and then the return.  As I was running down the hill I thought to myself, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!


I'm so proud of myself though, I was able to climb back up the hill without stopping to walk... once I was at the top, I was able to keep pushing and finish strong!  It was a great accomplishment taking on that huge hill.

Tonight @ 6:30, my dad and I are running a 5k in Mason with Buckeye Running Company in honor of Boston!  I'm so excited :)

Have a great week!

Set a fire down in my soul
That I can't contain
That I can't control
I want more of you God


No comments:

Post a Comment