Monday, January 7, 2013

Running anniversary!

Today is my ONE YEAR running anniversary!!!

One year ago today is when I made the crazy decision to run the Chicago Marathon with my sister-in-law, Nicole.  It's the day I hit the road, refused to stop moving, and ran my very first mile!  This last year has been very exciting.  So many milestones, goals, and accomplishments.  I am very thankful for all of my friends and family who have continually encouraged, supported me, and prayed through what at first felt like an unattainable goal.

The Lord has used my time running speaking to me - allowing me to feel what relying fully on the Lord feels like.  To know what "The Joy of the Lord is my strength..." means.  He meets me during every run, no matter how short or long the distance.  He has given me wings, energy, health, and passion!  I will continue to honor Him and Praise Him as I continue to run this race!

Top 20 things I've learned from running...

20)  Rest & recovery is very important
19)  There is no drug like adrenaline
18)  There is something wonderful about a soaked shirt, dripping sweat, and shaky hands
17)  Endurance is as much mind as body
16)  Water is good
15)  There are a lot of bad drivers out there
14)  The feeling after hitting a milestone is priceless
13)  You are stronger than you think...push one more mile just to prove yourself wrong
12)  When it comes to hills: what goes up, must come down... and then back up again.
11)  The wind will NEVER be at your back and if it is, fear the return
10)  Body glide is a wonderful thing - chaffing happens in the weirdest places... and it hurts
9)    There are no small milestones... celebrate every victory
8)    Abs really are made in the kitchen
7)    There is always a pile of running laundry to do
6)    There is nothing like the feeling of race morning
5)    Carb loading is so fun
4)    There are bad running days, never give up
3)    Though you can go alone, it's nicer to have friends by your side for long runs
2)    Push through the wall, it's easier on the other side
1) - Philippians 4:13 - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for everything you've accomplished in the past year and the physical and spiritual growth you've gained from it! You're a rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! cant believe its already been a year since you started!

    ReplyDelete