Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beautiful, sunshiny days...

The last few days in Cincinnati have been so beautiful!  Sunshine and bright blue skies sure make logging miles a lot more fun!

With running 5 days a week, some of my routes can get super boring... predictable boring.  I typically enjoy the majorities of the routes around here because there's so much nature and scenery to look at but even that sometimes just gets boring.  Saturday I got brave and decided to take a different way... in my year of running, I've NEVER turned LEFT out of the back of our subdivision.  So, I took a risk and found a beautiful new route with some really awesome scenery, hills, and a creek!  It was perfect!


Erin and I took on the new route, sunshine, and 18 mph winds Saturday...  on the return, the wind was definitely a huge challenge.  I honestly felt like I was running in place.  A very strange feeling pushing against that strong wind!

Erin and I after our 5.5 miles

I'm soaking in this awesome weather because this week we're going to get hit with SINGLE digit weather... Seriously, I don't know if I'll be braving those mornings but I will try!  Those may be good mornings for a Jillian Michael's workout DVD ;)

For the last few weeks, our Pastor has been preaching on Davidic Worship.  What worship is about, explaining the 7 ways of worship; why we dance, raise our hands, shout, kneel... it's been a great time of teaching and learning about Kingdom focused worship.  Entering into worship knowing God will meet your needs because He is Jehovah Jireh. 

Today, Pastor Shawn mentioned a side note about David and when he danced before the Lord.  David danced with all his might before the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14&15).  He was so free in his dance that he embarrassed his wife (2 Samuel 6:16).  He did not care- he was going to worship his God with abandonment.  The house of God was to be a place of worship without boundaries.  He danced for approx. 9 miles... when I heard Pastor Shawn say 9 miles I thought to myself; "I know exactly how far 9 miles is..."  I know how much focus and sacrifice getting to 9 miles takes.  

The thought of dancing before the Lord for 9 miles reminds me of why I am able to run long distances in the first place...  The Lord graciously meets me each morning for my run.   He is my strength each day to take on 3, 5, 10, 11, 18, and 26.2 miles.  It's in my miles He reminds me of the endurance this race takes, that He is in charge, He will match my stride, be my strength, and guide my steps that lead me to victory, accomplishment, and honoring Him!

On my runs, I listen to worship music.  The Lord always meets me on the road and speaks to my heart.  Through running, the Lord has given me a new understanding of relying on Him to be my strength, what it means to wait on Him, and that worship is about awareness and understanding what you're doing.  Worship has nothing to do with denomination and everything to do with His Kingdom.  


  
On a completely opposite note... Have you ordered your GIRL SCOUT COOKIES yet?!?!?!  I've ordered 4 or 5... ok 6 boxes and cannot wait to put my thin mints in the freezer and bash on those delicious cookies!


---

What are your favorite Girl Scout cookies?

What weather do you enjoy running in?

Do you ever get bored with your running routes?

What is your favorite worship song?

No comments:

Post a Comment