Saturday, February 16, 2013

I heart V-day!

One holiday I get more and more excited about each year is Valentine's Day!  I'm sure that sounds pretty random, but each year I find myself more and more excited about Valentine's Day.  I'm not sure if it is because I have a little girl, if it's all the fabulous decorations, or the adorable treats- no matter what, I heart V-day!

A favorite tradition of Valentine's Day is one my dad set way before I can even remember.  Every year for V-day my dad would have a card & small box of candy hearts waiting for my sister and I.  He always made sure we knew how much we were loved and cherished not just by him but by our Heavenly Father!  Into adulthood my father has still carried that tradition on and I love it.

My house decorations become more detailed every year for V-day, I keep my eye out all January and February for the V-day decorations that I love... then a day or two later hit up the clearance racks at Michaels, Target, Walmart, and Kohls to build my V-day decoration collection for the following year!  Talk about some steals!

This year, we celebrated the WHOLE week of V-day!  Savannah and I baked our FABULOUS cut out sugar cookies on Sunday afternoon!
         
We iced and decorated them for our Valentine's!

Monday, we had our sweet friend Peyton and her mommy over to decorate and make V-day crafts!

Wednesday, we had Clay and Landen so we had our V-day Party!

We were getting ready to go outside for our walk and THIS is what we found... it was POURING SNOW!  They were SO EXCITED to play in the snow!  Me, I was not so happy about it.  I'm completely over the snow but let them soak in the awesomeness it!

 (Savannah, Landen, and Clay)

Thursday- Since it was Valentine's Day I surprised Landen with heart-shaped pancakes.  He has been begging me to make blueberry pancakes for a few weeks, so he was VERY happy to dig into them!  Not only that but they were SO HAPPY to eat off of my "fancy heart plates" haha!

 
This year, a sweet friend of mine-Courtney Munafo- had posted in early January - If you want a Valentine to private message her your address and she would send you a card!  I thought that was so thoughtful, so I did the same thing!  An opportunity to love on friends!

One thing that I absolutely LOVE and miss doing is my art - creating, sewing, and just making random stuff.  So being able to sit down, make cards, and put an individual and special message in a card for friends I truly love was so gratifying for me.  I love gift giving, no matter how small it may seem... giving gifts brings me so much joy!

So I spent a few of my quiet evenings (after Savannah went to bed) making girly Valentine's and sent them to a handful of friends...

Honestly, who WOULDN'T want to receive a card in the mail reaffirming they are loved, cherished, and treasured?  It was such a blessing, because one of the girls private messaged me that evening with this;


"Thank you so much for the Valentine's Day card. You have no idea what perfect timing it was. I was having a rough end to the day (long story) and when I finally got home and saw it in the mailbox it really made me smile. I had forgotten all about it. Thank you so much - I really really appreciate it. ...perfect timing - a time when I could really use a smile. Thanks girl!"


That right there really is what it was all about...  That was my heart behind sending them out!  Talk about overflowing my cup!  What a joy that was to read!


Speaking of overflowing my cup...

I was beyond blessed to worship with Jesus Culture at the Taft Theater last Friday night!  A dear friend blessed us with tickets and it was the most amazing gift!  Talk about a night of worship!  It honestly gave me hope for our city and nation... I saw that there really are people that LOVE the Lord, desire to be in His presence and truly want to see undignified, unscheduled, genuine, spirit-filled, raw revival and worship!  Oh it was so beautiful worshipping with so many people!

I believe it is just a taste of what Heaven will be like... it was beautiful.





All the angels cry out, Holy is the LordAll the earth replies, Holy are YouAll the angels cry out, Holy is the Lord All the earth replies, Holy are You
If you haven't purchased these cds:  Jesus Culture- Live from New York or Kim Walker-Smith's - Still Believe YOU MUST!  Don't hesitate, seriously... get on itunes and BUY THEM NOW!

 




1 comment:

  1. love this post! and your valentine cards are much prettier than mine! i wish i had had the time to make mine super girly and pretty like yours. love you friend :)

    ReplyDelete