Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Fitness Anniversary!


Happy Anniversary... 

Today I'm celebrating my 4 year Fitness Anniversary!  In January 2012 I made a life-changing decision with my sister-in-law and committed to getting healthy by running my first marathon.  You could say the rest is history but in these last 4 years so much has changed.


Before I decided to run my first marathon my biggest though was, "who me?!"  I wasn't strong enough or good enough to do something so GREAT!  I believed a lie, that where I was in my life and health was as good as it was going to get for me.  I'm so thankful I hushed those lies and chose to step out in faith for a goal that at the time seemed so unattainable.  It lead me to new friendships, running several races, a sprint triathlon, and helping others train for their first marathons, including my dad!

Sharing that time with my dad is something I will never forget - if I wouldn't have stepped out of my comfort zone to run my first marathon, I would have never felt the JOY of running by my dad's side for his first marathon!

I never thought training for my first marathon would ignite a passion, love, and desire to not only make myself better but become a certified personal trainer and help other women be the BEST versions of themselves through the renewal of their mind, body, and spirit. 

This past September 2015 I made another life-changing decision to compete in a fitness competition in the bikini division. The physical transformation has been insane but nothing like the mental transformation and realization that God's handiwork and design of our bodies is so intricate and personal...no one is like me, He truly knit me together and chose me. 




I  do not post these pictures to brag (seriously, look at my robot posing- don't worry, posing classes begin soon so I'm not so freakishly awkward). I post these to encourage you to think outside what is comfortable. 

If you've set a New Years goal to make a life change, it isn't going to be easy- in fact it's going to be uncomfortable, painful, and difficult BUT that is what makes the reward so great. 

My commitment in 2012 has resulted in 70+ pounds lost, a huge gain in self-confidence and proof that you can change your future even in your 30's!  I never want to go back to where I was - I wasn't just unhealthy.  I was depressed, hopeless, sad, and felt as though I had no value or worth.
That isn't the truth at all.

I'm no where near stage ready but the gains I've made are far greater than just muscular! 

What do you want for this New Year? How will you make it happen in 2016? You never know how your goals can and will inspire those around you!!!  

"Commit yourself to the Lord, whatever you do, and your plans will succeed!" -Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment