Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat?! Shakeology's 3-Day Cleanse

Halloween is the beginning of a 2.5 month battle for me... Candy, holiday shaped cookies, and wonderful smelling goodies from here on out will be tempting me each and every day.  I can honestly say I have never made it through the holidays without gaining at least 5 lbs.  Typically, I would be dreading these next few months but because of what I have learned through my health & fitness journey, the tools I've gained as a Beachbody Coach, and goals I've hit though pushing myself, I am ready to take on the holidays with confidence.

This year, I let Savannah keep 5 pieces of Halloween candy and we gave the rest away.  One of the most important tools Beachbody has given me at a coach is to keep the JUNK out of the house!  I know it seems like a simple rule but because I am EXTREMELY stubborn (just ask my husband), sometimes I feel as though I'm "strong enough" to pass up the goodies if they're in the house.  Yeah, I'm not.  I end up binging on them in the midnight hours and sneaking them, which isn't good at all.

I've taken control of my temptations and bad habits- the days of sabotage are over!  I am in control now!
To kick-off the Holiday Season, I started with the Shakeology 3-day Cleanse!  I was a bit hesitant but because I have had such great success with ALL of the Beachbody Products and Programs I've used, I wanted to give it a try.  Also, as a Beachbody Coach, I like to try as many of the products and programs as possible.  This way I can give people the best information and be able to connect with them as they take on the products and programs for themselves.

I've never successfully completed a cleanse or fast because I'm always STARVING!  The great thing about the Shakeology Cleanse is that you're not deprived of nutrients, so you're not feeling like you're dying.  Now, don't get me wrong, I was definitely hungry for a solid meal but the 3 days was definitely doable.
Within the 3 days I wasn't sure what to expect.  Some people lose weight, others inches, others nothing at all.  So I wasn't really sure what was going to happen... the main goal was to reset my body for the holidays.

I can honestly say I feel less bloated, my body feels great, and I was able to do light workouts while in the cleanse.  I did add a Quest protein bar to my cleanse (20g protein & 1g of sugar) because I was having moments of dizziness but overall had a GREAT success with the cleanse.

My sister and friend, Jen joined me in the 3 day cleanse!  Natalie lost 5 lbs and Jen lost 4 lbs!  Jen also lost a half inch in her abdomen...

Although I didn't lose any weight, I lost a half inch in my lower abdomen which personally is the best news ever!  I have never had a flat stomach let alone ab muscles so this is a HUGE success!  I feel completely focused for the holidays... my body has reset itself and I feel in control.

I have successfully made it through the craziness of my FIRST extremely tempting holiday, Halloween!
If you're interested in the Shakeology Cleanse or my next Challenge Group "Healthy Holidays"- feel free to contact me for more information!






No comments:

Post a Comment