Sunday, July 14, 2013

3 marathons in 11 months... why not?!


Chad and I logged our 12 miles early Saturday morning.  As we soaked in the perfect running weather - sunny, mid 60's, nice breeze, and bright blue sky with big white fluffy clouds - we talked about the Akron Marathon, our goals, and how we're going to achieve them in these next few months.

Here we are, 74 days away from the Akron Marathon!  It's exciting to think 19 months ago I couldn't run a mile and in the last 19 months I've ran a 5k, 10k, half marathon, 2 full marathons, and a Sprint Triathlon.  And within 11 months, I'll have ran 3 marathons.  It's exciting to set goals, meet them, and push my body - I really am strong ;)

Why Akron you ask?!  Well, Chad suggested Akron because he said they're known for KILLER give aways to finishers... and boy was he right!  This year, they're giving away Brooks Running Jackets! AWESOME!  I'm totally in ;)

I am all about FREE stuff but the main reason I wanted to run Akron is because Race day is on a Saturday, September 28th!  My family hasn't been able to come see a race, in fact NONE of the races I've ran in, because they've all been on Sundays.

With all of us in Ministry, it's pretty difficult to take Sundays off.  So I am BEYOND excited that my mom & dad along with Savannah will be coming to Akron to cheer me on!  It will be their first time attending a race, let alone a marathon.  Boy are they in for an exciting morning :)

  • I can definitely tell my core is getting stronger.  I'm pretty sure I can thank Shaun T and Hip-Hop Abs for that transformation - no lie.  
  • I'm still drinking my Shakeology and LOVING it :)  The vanilla and vegan strawberry are my favorite!
  • My pace for 12-13.1 miles is consistent- around a 9:30/9:45 minute pace.  I'd love to see if I can keep that all the way through and finish the marathon around 4 hours and 15 minutes.
  • My lungs feel nice and strong.  
  • Cycling and swimming these last few months has allowed my body to rest from running but built strength in other muscles
So... here's to another awesome summer of early mornings, crazy humidity, insane distances, and training with Chad!  


No comments:

Post a Comment