Thursday, July 9, 2015

Your Promises to me

A little over a year ago, I walked away from ministry.  Even though it was what I knew I was suppose to do, it was scary!  It's a comfortable place - my entire life has always included some form of ministry with the church.  I knew I needed to step down to focus on my roles as a wife and mother but what in the world was I doing?

It was last year, just 2 years into my own personal health & fitness journey the Lord revealed a passion and love for something I never knew I had in me- a desire to help others who need to make changes in their personal health.  As I got more involved in my business with Shakeology and Beachbody, it started to become more specific.  I want to help women- working moms, stay at home moms, wives, sisters, young or old... exhausted, worn down women who feel like they have nothing left.  Women who feel selfish for taking time to workout.  Women who are worried it looks ungodly to want to focus on their outward fitness.  Women who need refreshed, transformed, and renewed - not just in their daily lives but minds and in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
How can I tie those together?

As I started pursuing personal training, getting my certification and focusing on Health & Fitness the lies of the enemy started creeping in.

I've always struggled with acceptance and comparison so you know the enemy hit me where it would hurt the most... he started filling me with doubt...

You've failed at everything else - what makes you think you can do this?  
You're a terrible test taker, how will you pass certifications?
You'll just give up and walk away in a few months.
Who will hire you?
Who would want to personal train with someone who has no experience?
You're being selfish.
Your hours of availability are crazy, no one will hire you.

3 months after I applied at the YMCA, I was called for an interview.  Within 7 days I had the job.  The people I interviewed with had such confidence in me - like they knew I was going to be great, members would like me, and that I would do well.  

My crazy hours, 5a-7a and 6p-9p, were hours they needed covered.  They were willing to work with my schedule, allow me to bring Savannah into child care if I need to, and support me if I need certain days off.

Financially, I had to at least break even with what I was doing with in-home child care.  I was able to cut my hours down from 30 hours a week to 13-18 hours a week and still bring in the money necessary, if not more.

I could feel God's hand in this and knew something great was happening.  God's hand has been in this from the beginning and even though I know the Lord has provided and blessed me with some really amazing clients - I still hear that voice of doubt...


You won't be able to keep this up.  
You'll run out of clients soon and walk away in a few months.  
Your workouts aren't good enough.
You aren't as good as the other trainers.

When I begin to feel overwhelmed and cave into those doubts the Lord reminds me of my heart for the renewal of hearts, minds, and bodies of the women I encounter.


While I was running a few weeks ago, the Lord gave me a vision about women, health & fitness, and how the church rarely addresses our physical health & fitness, strongholds we have with food, and self-shaming.  I got really excited - mainly because it wasn't something I wished for or thought to myself, "oh, that would be nice."  It was an actual vision, a promise the Lord planted in my heart that will be seen out but ONLY if I trust Him and allow Him to lead the way.  I will not be able to do it in my own strength and will have to trust in Him and His guidance.The enemy is already trying to plant those doubts and insecurities in my mind and heart but I am focusing in on His Promises!  I have a feeling the enemy will continue but I am standing on His promises!

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." ~1 John 4:18

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." ~Psalm 16:11

"
The LORD of Heaven's Armies has spoken--who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?" ~Isaiah 14:27


"
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." ~Galations 5:1


“But now, this is what the Lord says…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” ~Isaiah 43:1

It doesn't matter what I feel
It doesn't matter what I see
My hope will always be
In Your promises to me
Now I'm casting out all fear
for your love has set me free
My hope will always be
In Your promises to me

I do not doubt the Lord orchestrated my position at the YMCA for this specific vision!  It means I will get to see His hand work as this vision turns into something real... I completely surrender to His perfect will so this vision He has given me is completed.

**I will post more specific details about the vision and mission as it comes together - right now I can tell you it's about combining the word of God + worship + women + health & fitness so we can transform, confront, & renewal our hearts, minds, and bodies!  Oh man that's good...

What doubts, fears, insecurities and lies does the enemy feed you that keep you from fulfilling the visions God has given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment